Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday

Cancer. My husband has B-cell lymophoma. He is almost 42 years old and we have a three year daughter. How did cancer get into the equation? We went from trying to having another child to this. From infertility treatment to a bone biopsy in a blink of an eye (before starting chemo, we will be banking sperm for a later use God willing).

Someone mentioned to me that people are in our corner. I, we, are not cowered in a corner, but are on the front lines in God's hands. I have said that cancer is a part of our lives but will not be our lives. We are young and strong. Clark's cancer has a survival rate of 70-80%. These are good odds.

The doctors said that it will get worse before it gets better so we know it will be a bumpy road but we know crisis management (after all both of us worked in the banking industry for years).

This travel will not be pretty but it will be our journey on getting Clark well.

5 comments:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you guys! Hoping and praying for the best! Wishing you speedy treatment and recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Clark I'm going to beat the crap out of him if he doesn't get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for creating this blog -- You are so resourceful, Kathleen! I admire your resilience and the rock that you are for your family. Inspirational! Our love and prayers to you, Clark & Emma, Cindi, Ron, Jake & Maddi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I want to cry when I read your post. My dad passed away with cancer 6 years ago. I fully understand your feeling. God bless you and Clark.

    ReplyDelete