Thursday, February 25, 2010

Being a Team-Livermore Moms Relay Team

I am being taught all the time different life lessons. I am a decent student of life and am relentless in learning. Right now I think I am being taught one of life's greatest lessons and that is to be on a team where everyone is focused on one goal and one goal only but in the meantime we are becoming a family, an extended family of sorts.

I am Team Captain of the Livermore Moms Relay for Life team. My team mates are showing me I am not carrying the responsibility of being Team Captain entirely on my shoulders. When there is a need, a thought, an execution against our plan, someone steps up and says "let me do that" or "I can handle that". Really while I might be the Team Captain it is all of us rowing the boat.

Our first meeting was a few weeks ago as a team (and with recommendations from a former classmate Teri) we started to create a plan and ideas flowed. While we talked, our children played together. We shared stories on why we were on the team, stories only that can be told when there is an intimacy in a relationship and when cancer is the common denominator, intimacy is not hard to find.

I am amazed every time there is a donation to our team. I had originally set our goal at $500, then when that goal was quickly achieved, I changed it to $1,000, then last week I had to set it at $1,500 and then tonight I set it at $2,000. In less than 2 months, we have almost quadrupled what the original goal was. My heart swells with joy. If we raised not another dime, it will not because we did not try. So look for upcoming information about Livermore Moms Relay for Life Team. It is only as a team (as individuals collectively), we have been able to achieve our first series of goals and it will be only as a Team that we will Relay against cancer on June 26th in Livermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment