Monday, January 31, 2011

Relay for Life of Livermore 2011-My pitch-Join Us!

My pitch because no matter how small or big your company is form a Relay for Life of Livermore 2011 team. Or maybe you want to be connected with a team. Or maybe you want to sponsor the event. Or maybe even a poster in your store front (thank you to our downtown stores who are already displaying the Relay colors) Or maybe a few brochures in your lobby because while maybe you are not in a position to be there this year but you might be help to motivate someone who should. So here I go.

Hello, my name is Kathleen Schoening and I am Team Recruitment Chair with the Livermore Relay For Life. Right now we are reaching out to local Livermore businesses to invite them to join us in the fight against cancer. This amazing 24 hour event is being held on June 25th and 26th at Livermore High School.

We are looking for teams and sponsors to participate so that we can Celebrate, Remember and Fight Back for every person whose life has been touched by cancer.

Still not sure and have questions? I would like to talk with you because we would love to have you as part of this incredible community of survivors, caregivers and people who care.


Why do I Relay? I Relay because when our daughter was 2 years old her daddy, my husband was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. For a year, my husband underwent chemo and radiation. Our daughter and I stood by, praying for the day we could say that daddy was a cancer survivor. And now, one year later he is.

So come join us.

This is going to be one amazing year!

Kathleen Schoening

Team Recruitment Chair

1 comment:

  1. Call Bob in a few days and see if he can make the intro for you to Starbuck's Regional Manager. She goes to our gym and they are kinda friends.

    ReplyDelete