Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Love of Family




This past weekend Clark, Emma and I drove to Monterey and met up with my cousin and his family. Tyler is close in age to me. We have always seemed to get along and now our families find a rhythm as well. Clark adores Tyler and I his wife.

Tyler and I are both green/blue eyed with light brown hair (if I did not have to wash the white out that is my kind of sort of original hair color). Anyway our girls, his 8 eight year old and Emma are with both brown hair and brown eyes. At a glance, you would think they were sisters even though they are 2nd cousins. And his adopted son Luke fits right in with the girls and us as well.

Tyler and I also share another role as caregivers of cancer survivors. His wife is a fairly recent Cancer survivor like Clark. My brother is about to marry someone who is a cancer survivor. I am sensing a pattern in our family.

Tyler's wife is a doll. She is one of the rare type of women who you can curl up with on a couch and talk for hours.

Our families together had such a great time. We went to the aquarium, a park, the wharf and everywhere in between. We have decided to together on an annual basis and invite more of the cousins.

It seems like Tyler and I are picking up where our grandparents generation left off. Where family reunions were dozens and dozens of people playing ball and eating. Where babies burped and old men farted. Where I was the daughter of someone, the granddaughter of someone else, the niece of another and cousin of still someone else. We would talk and melt in the mid day sun (because if you have ever been to the Hanford/Armona area of California you would understand). However, our generation is different and we are no longer as tied to the land. We go where the call is heard and as families we will have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment