Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Cautionary Tale of U.S. Bank in Livermore

So more years than I care to count, I was laid off from what was a large financial organization. The money I received in my departure package was placed in an interest bearing account and there it sat waiting for use.

The money is now earmarked for Emma’s school and her activities. It is not much but it pays for enough and was especially helpful when Clark was sick.

On Monday, it was a bank transfer day. I went to the bank completed my transaction and went on my merry way.

Today, I had to go back to the bank to get some information on rates.

While there I asked the banker to look up my checking account. I looked at the balance and asked where the deposit from Monday (2 days ago) was and no joke the woman said, “What deposit?” I handed her the deposit slip I had been given. For the next 45 minutes I watched while bank employees tried to figure out where the funds from my certificate of deposit went since they were not in my checking account.

I was starting to get a little hot under the collar. So I asked, “How long was it going to take US Bank to realize an error was made before I was notified and more importantly where is the money?”

The banker walked me back to her desk and said she was sorry and on Monday only half of the transaction was complete. At least she was honest. The thing that sucked was it was the bank manager who helped me on Monday. Human error ok.

The bank credits my account. I go home thinking about my business relationship with them.

I am home now and I call US Bank because I feel something still is not right.

Here’s where the story gets even better.

US Bank does not show a record at ALL that any transaction whether partial or complete was done on any of my accounts on Monday. NO RECORD AT ALL. However, as we all know, banks can see when accounts where accessed by who, where, when, etc.

Now, this little problem has gone to the corporate offices of US Bank. I made a complaint but the representative on the US Bank phone lines insisted corporate needed to get involved. US Bank Corporate Offices is now involved in my cautionary tale.

So double check, triple check and know where your money goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment