Friday, September 10, 2010

My high blood pressure

Music to my hears. I worked for it.

My doctor says yesterday to me, "I wish I had numbers like that."

That means so much to me. My blood pressure. A month ago it was high, high enough to have a heart attack or stroke, high enough to be at the doctors or contact with the doctors everyday for weeks along taking medicine everyday. I had to a make a decision quickly. It was really simple. I changed the way I ate. Less sodium, less sugar. That is not to say that I do not have either. I just read labels diligently. As of over a week ago, I am medicine free for all things except migraines(amazing what changing your diet will do).

High Blood pressure runs rapidly through my family so I have to be careful the rest of my life. So now I go in when I need or every 3 months for check ups, far different than the last month of daily check ins.

I also trying to let things roll over my selve and people who are demanding I put on simmer. Life is simpler that way.

Next on the list is incorporating an exercise program.

Is it funny. Most nights when we sit down for dinner Clark says, "I really like this but please do not tell me what it is in it." I made him Tofu chili one night and he loved it. We go out to eat now and I am more picky on where.

I also no longer massively stock up (buy 10 cereal boxes for $2-really who has the space and does it promote hoarding?). I have staples but I buy what we need on a weekly basis and there is less to clean up and out at then end of the week.

It has been over 30 days now and I feel better. High Blood pressure is one of those silent health concerns. Have you had blood pressure checked lately? If not for yourself, do it your spouse and your kids.

Before I ended last night and before I started today I said a word of prayer for all the families affected by the horrible circumstance that happened in San Bruno and for all the emergency workers (police, fire, medical, etc.) who are working. Let us continue to pray together.

No comments:

Post a Comment