Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Clark is feeling better and the reason I Relay

Thank you for asking. His GP e-mailed him on Monday and they exchanged notes. Clark says he feels better and his PET scan is scheduled for next month. So we pray and wait until then.

Many of you have asked why Clark stays with his oncologist who does not response in a timely manner. All I can say and some can attest too, is my husband is loyal to people (sometimes I think almost to a fault). Clark has to be the one to decide to change doctors and if I ever had to be a position to act on behalf of him I would follow his wishes. They might not be my strong personality character preference but they would be his. Clark is the one living with cancer not me.

So tonight I think of the reason why I Relay for the American Cancer Society.

My first thought was that I do not want to be a widow of a toddler. Purely selfish I know. I cannot imagine a life without Clark. I need a husband and a father in the upbringing of Emma. I Relay so that Emma has time to know her daddy and love him only as a daughter can. I Relay so that Clark and I can take her together to her first dance recital, her first day of kindergarten, high school graduation, college graduation and everything in between. I Relay so that God willing Clark will one day walk her down an aisle to be married. I Relay so that Emma remembers that Daddy was sick, but he was there fighting his cancer all the way.

I Relay so that Clark and I will grow old together and celebrate our Golden Anniversary. I Relay so one day my husband can say he is a cancer survivor. I Relay so that maybe some day our journey with him as a cancer patient and Emma and I as caregivers, will help others.

I Relay for my future sister in law. I Relay so that my brother and her can have a long, healthy life with hopefully many children. I Relay and pray that her cancer never comes back.

I Relay for my Grandma Broaddus who just lost her life to colon cancer. No grandmas, grandpas, moms, dads, aunts, uncles, sisters or brothers should have to fight cancer. I Relay so that one-day there will be cancer cures and not just treatments.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I'm sorry Kathleen, but I can't read that whole thing. I love you!

    ReplyDelete