Friday, May 28, 2010

“Mommy, when did you first love me?”



Emma asked me this the other day. In my head, thoughts swirled. How would I explain to Emma that her Daddy, others and I loved and prayed for her long before she was conceived? How do I someday explain infertility and lost pregnancies?

So I said as I held her, “The minute I knew you were a gift from God that I was to carry I loved you. The first time I held you in my arms I loved you. I have always loved you and always will. Sweetie,you know, every night before you go to bed I say, I love you more today, than I did yesterday or the day you were born. I love you now, I loved you then and I will love you furthermore. I do honey, I love you.”

Emma looked at me, “OK, Mommy, I love you too!"

Then she ran off. Her question answered for now.

1 comment: