Friday, May 14, 2010

It is still raw and real

So yesterday I went with others to videotape the reason why I Relay for ACS Relay of Livermore (hence why I wrote why I Relay yesterday). I had what I wanted to say on paper and as I started to read, tears filled my eyes and started to overflow onto my cheeks. I looked around the room and the three other young ladies inside the room had started to cry as well. Not a good thing when you want to videotape. I cleared my throat and started again. My feelings are raw and real and somehow, somehow I got through it.

It made me think how truly blessed I am.

From the fellow Relay Committee member who watched Emma while I videotaped, Syndie who watched Emma while Clark and I went out (to different functions) to the great women who I journeyed with to San Francisco last night to see Wicked and finally at the end of the night/early morning when I was able to climb into bed with my husband. It is not about our postage size home, our cars, our "stuff", It is about keeping raw and real with our relationships and filling them with grace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment