Thursday, June 10, 2010

Relay of Life Video

So on May 24th of this year, Clark, Emma and I attended the American Cancer Society Relay of Life for Livermore 2010 Survivor's birthday celebration. It was a honor to attend but the video of the Relay happenings in 2009 shown made me cry, okay more than cry, it was more like a sob. I had not forgotten that almost a year before the situation that we were facing.

A year ago Clark had just started chemo treatment. We thought our world was coming to an end and in some ways it was (and only now do we see the sprouts of new growth from our journey of the last year). In the midst of all of this, Emma and I went to a Relay breakfast at Celebration church down the street from our house and that is where the picture in the video was taken. I remember being worn out, stressed out and thinking of Clark in bed sick.

Flash forward to this year. In the middle of above mentioned video, there is a picture of Emma and I. I look at it now and think-wow-I look like a dear in the headlights. The photographer had taken not only a picture of us but really got what was going on in my soul.

This year is so different. This year, not only are we on a Relay Team-Livemore Moms that has been so incredible (and almost raised $4K now), we have taken simple roles as photographers on Relay committee. What visions we see through our own lenses are so different. We are now on the other end, no longer the dears in the headlights, but feel life to such a larger degree, but still...that Relay video makes me weep.

Note: This video is posted on the Relay For Life of Livermore Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment