Monday, March 22, 2010

Public Library, you are still a public agency right?

I became a fan of Livermore Public Library and I wonder why I keep getting befriended by the Facebook page by them? Last time I checked you still are a public agency. Freedom of Speech and Legal rights of Boobs and babes will always prevail.

I would have given you a fair chance. In fact I was waiting to hear from the City Council members I had e-mailed on the issue. Then a few things changed my mind.

Tonight when I heard from a former library employee you discriminated against because when she was nursed her baby on breaks, you fired her and then you had to settle monetarily with her. Settlements are always a great way to use public money! So I go to your Facebook page now and guess what- I find I have been befriended.

Do you plan to befriend any and all patrons of your system when you do not like what they say? Wow! I love your programs but I might not like all of your policies including your casual unwritten policies. The fact you discriminated against a nursing mom makes my skin crawl.

Think about your actions and the long term impact. Settlements are not the way to spend tax payers money!

No comments:

Post a Comment