Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What a week!

So Clark started his new job last week. Ironically the same day he started, his oncologist called and asked how long Clark wanted to be on disability. Clark told him to remove him immediately from disability that he returned to work-YEAH!

Then when Clark was at his new job on the first day, two other companies called and asked him to come to talk with them about employment opportunities. These jobs could have made Clark substantially more money than where he was at, but it would have been the same old, same old. Same job functions as before just at different financial institutions. Clark said there was no decision to make, he was just so happy to be where he was and the potential to learn far outweighed anything the other companies could offer. Clark is so happy at his new company. I am so happy for him and so proud!

On the weekend, we went with two other families to Tahoe. I felt my dad coming through when I told Emma if she did not leave her gloves on that her fingers will freeze and we would have to go to the doctors and get the fingers cut off. I wanted her to know that snow and ice are dangerous but seriously I could not believe I said that. Emma's hands, like the other kids are so small for the appropriate snow gloves that we ended up duct taping the gloves to the jackets so they would not fall off. It worked and it kept the kid’s hands warm which was the most important thing.

I was so proud of Emma when she attempted snow sledding and ice skating for the first time. You can see from the post below of the fabulous time we had. We are truly blessed with great new friends.

Yesterday I had lunch with some old high school classmates. We reconnected on Facebook about a year ago and almost each month or each month there is a birthday in the group we go out. Our conversations are quite intimate and I am fortunate to have this group of women in my life.

Last month one of these women, Jen showed up for her birthday dinner in a tiara and pettiskirt. Yesterday Amber was in an Irish leprechaun outfit with lights. She was quite the sight and I can only imagine when the police officer pulled me over for an illegal U-turn that he must have had a good laugh seeing Amber as a passenger and he did not give me a $240 ticket. O the Luck of the Irish I had then.

Now I only wonder what outfits I will have to design come July when we celebrate my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment