Thursday, October 15, 2009

There is nothing like Fall

When I was a kid I loved summers. I counted down the days to beaches and BBQ's. Now as an adult, there is nothing like Fall. I love sweaters, wearing seasoned Levi's and flip flops (yes flip flops).

I love the crispness in the air and the leaves that fall from the trees. I love in the evening wearing wool socks, being near a warm fireplace and hot drinks.

Fall also indicates a countdown to the end of year and there is a certain rhythm to the months. September is back to school. October is Pumpkin Patches and Halloween. November is Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. December is full of holiday parties and Christmas dinners.

Then before you know it, the ball is dropping and the New Year has started. We are hoping when the fireworks go off in the New Year that we will be celebrating Clark being cancer free.

As an adult the years are going by too fast. Fall will come and go and next thing you know, we will be in the middle of winter. Well, as middle of winter as one can get in California and then it is spring, summer and back to Fall.

There is really nothing like the Fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment