Friday, December 18, 2009

My dad was right.

I think my dad (also known as Papa) will say I never tell him he is right. In fact, there are many things that I agree he is right about (but politics is not one).

However, one of the things my dad will always be right about will be a real Christmas tree that is decorated and adorned with a star.

This year, Clark and I were going to put up a fake Christmas tree as we have for the last 3 years. When my dad heard this, he said nope, you need to have a real Christmas tree for Emma. Then he added he would pay. Now that was an offer we could not refuse.

So today, the four of us went out and got the tree. It was fun to be able to judge on which tree would be the best for us. Emma had no interest and had more fun running around the tree lot.

However, when we got home. Emma loved putting the train tracks together with Papa and seeing the train run.



Now the real tree is up, the train is around it and it will be decorated this weekend.

The smell of the real tree throughout the house is wonderful.

My dad was right.


Note: As a side note to my earlier blog about the sweetness of Santa, apparently Emma was scared of the Santa that went to her school yesterday. The class was on the playground and Emma saw Santa coming from the parking lot and freaked out. Thankfully her bonus grandma was there and was able to calm her down. I wish all Santas' were as sweet as the one at Disneyland.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Emma has a BONUS grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is right and you are one lucky daughter! I love reading your blog -- It lifts my spirits!

    ReplyDelete