Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Getting a Little Mud on the Wheels


I normally do not make New Years Resolutions. If I want something to change or if I want to change, I make a plan and over time it either works or I try again with a different plan.

This year is different. For so many reasons but the most important is me. I have changed. I am no longer in the role of caretaker with a sick husband. Clark will have CAT scan this week and we will find out within the next two weeks if he is cancer free.

I can now actually focus on me.

I decided I want to get a little mud on the wheels and today I did. I rode along the creek near my house and saw some beautiful Herons. The air was fresh, the mud was thick and for a moment I was free. Then reality hit. If my tires got flat or I fell, I had no phone and identification. Not smart. So instead of letting fear hit, I continued on my ride and made a metal list for the future to bring the phone with GPS so if I was somehow detained someone could locate me.

After today, I realized I have played it safe for so long and now, it is my time to get a little mud on the wheels. To try things I would have never thought possible and to encourage others to come along.

I would also like to say thanks to Karen for getting me to go to Bootcamp this weekend. Nothing like a hour of a hard work out to let you know that getting a little mud on the wheels is not such a bad idea.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to ride with you sometime -- I can come to Livermore. Let's schedule a ride!

    ReplyDelete