Sunday, January 31, 2010

No word from the doctor

So it has been almost a week since the doctor e-mailed Clark his latest CAT scan results but no call about the explanation. Clark is going to try and track his ever so diligent doctor down next week. Seriously I think his doctor is incompetent (inadequate to or unsuitable for a particular purpose-like being an oncologist) and Clark and I have argued over this issue many times. I have voiced my opinion that he should change doctors because yet again, his doctor has failed to follow up with a phone call.

Someone asked us yesterday if Clark was in remission and I actually had to look up the word. According to Wikipedia, "Remission (medicine), the state of absence of disease activity in patients with a chronic illness, with the possibility of return of disease activity".

So for now, I would say no based on the written report. What is the next plan of action? Truly only God knows.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I get tests done at the VA the doctors that order them schedule appointments with me to discuss the results. When we first arrived here in California however it was not thus and I had to put my foot down and remind them (I have a "team" actually) that I am part of that team and I INSISTED that I be kept in the loop, and that I not only get the results explained to me but that I also know WHY the tests are being called for.

    It sounds like Clark may feel just a litle defeated as he is not in a hurry to have the results explained in plain english. I can see that too, perhaps from his perspective no news is better than the possibility of more bad news... Be patient with him and try to not blow a gasket about it. Maybe offer to make the phone calls for him... I know Kathy that this is scary for you, but it is FAR scarier for him. Just my humble opinion.

    I hope and pray for the best for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Tracy, while I am here to support Clark ,he has to take the initiative and desire to want to be his own advocate. For now I will pray...

    ReplyDelete