Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So you think you know me

So you think you understand

You know a few things about me
And you assume on the rest

Had you asked
And never guessed

I would have told you
And yes, it might have been painful

You made some sharp criticism
Your audience came to your defense

Had you spoken your words
In an honest one to one relationship

I might have heard them
And I know my response would have been different

You see I am not what you think I am.
Your judgments might have clouded your mind.

I am fragile and I am weak.
I have been carried more often

What I am not I know is the image in your mind.
And that is why friend, you got the “Dear John”

I was afraid to let go
And I know why

Female friends and mentors are hard to find.

Now that you are gone and I have shut the door
I have cried my last tear

And picked up the phone.

I do know some of your words were the truth
And others were made of smoke.

Trying to sort through the rumble left behind
Is seriously going to take time.

I pray someday we can reunite.
And this will be become a giant oversight.

1 comment:

  1. I understand and I've been there. You know. Love you and thanks for sharing your muse.

    ReplyDelete