Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Livermore City Council Meetings

Okay I admit I am a junkie, a local political junkie at times. I have been known to frequent Livermore's City Council meeting on a regular basis in the past. I wanted to know the leaders of the city where I live and the people who actually implemented the decisions. Last night I got sucked in again.

I had a few minutes to kill before a meeting and I found myself driving to the Chamber trailers. I walked in and it felt like the sitcom "Cheers" where everyone knows your name. Someone asked, "Hey, where have you been?" (there are a handful of regulars who attend these meetings). I explained about Clark and our life the last year.

The Mayor and Clark have both had Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

It was strange. There was a new City Clerk and a new Assistant Manager (the old one will be missed), but it was the same council.

There was a recent election but no one ran against the incumbents, however in the next few years a few city council members will be termed out.

There were students from a local Civics class (should be mandatory for all students I believe).

And there were others, because if you go often enough it does become like "Cheers" and I know I will be sucked in again because I am a junkie, a local political junkie.

2 comments:

  1. I like that about you. Your nature is to be involved in the dynamic that surrounds you and makes decisions that affect you. I applaude your initiative to be involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been to my share of Livermore Council meetings. I am a personal big fan of the current lineup and think that Kamena is a master. I've seen him deftly handle and defuse situations that would have brought in the Deputies anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete