Monday, November 2, 2009

Livermore Moms and American Cancer Society Relay For Life

Livermore Moms and American Cancer Society Relay For Life

One of the great ideas that the Philanthropic Committee has come up is for the Livermore Moms to participate in 2010 is the American Cancer Society Relay For Life. This means that Livermore Moms would have its own team and theme.

What is Relay for Life? The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one-day cancer will be eliminated. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Because cancer never sleeps, Relays are overnight events up to 24 hours in length.

The Relay for Life in Livermore will start on 6/26/2010 at 9:00 AM at 600 Maple St. Some of fundraising events could include baked goods, garage sales, donations (asking 5 people to donate $20 would be an easy $100), etc.

Since teams are in the process of forming now, I asking those who would like to participate to e-mail me. We would like to see if there is enough interest from Livermore Moms to form a team.

And yes, I have a personal interest in this. My husband has battled cancer for almost a year. All our 3 year old daughter wants to do is kiss Daddy’s owie and make it go away and as a wife I pray the same.

So, please if you have any interest, contact me.

Kathleen Schoening

Co-Director of the Livermore Moms

1 comment:

  1. I'm raising my hand to be a part of this with you, but I don't live in Livermore...Does that make a diff?

    ReplyDelete