Monday, November 30, 2009

A Quick Note

So this is the last week of Clark's radiation. He tires somewhat easily and his temper is on edge all the time. I have to remember that I am not or is Emma the cause of his pain and anger; the cancer and treatment is, but sometimes it is hard. I am sure when everything you hold to be true is shaken and stirred and the future is unknown can be nerve wrecking.

I too, have really learned on who I can lean on as well.

Clark and I had a good laugh today though. I was using WD40 to get some crayon marks from a wall in the house (yes it works). Clark said to me, " You know I cannot stay in this room because WD40 causes cancer." Now, I am not sure if WD40 causes cancer or not, but we laughed. Really if you already have cancer, are you going to care about getting it?

1 comment:

  1. That is a good laugh. I have found many who believe that petrochemicals (the byproducts of turning oil into gasoline) and in fact gasoline may very well have led to MY cancer... There were so many chemicals in my workplace, there are still some in my home, many in my garage that I use to work on my hot rod that runs on gasoline... what am I to do? Add to this the fact that I don't "look" sick and you can imagine the reactions I would get if I made Sarah get out and pump gas at the gas station... not to mention how could I ask her to do something that could give HER cancer? People in society are so incredibly scared of the word cancer these days, it's no wonder that it is running rampant. Who would want to try to "fix" the things that cause it when our very way of life depends so heavily on so many of these things, theoretically of course...

    ReplyDelete