Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Night under the stars and so much more...

Last weekend, Clark took off with the boys to Tahoe. These particular groups of guys have gone camping together for years and this year they decided to rent a cabin. So with Clark away, Emma and I played.

One of the best things we did was on last Saturday night; Emma and I went with Kris, Delilah, Tori and Annaka for an evening walk into Sycamore Grove Park for "Dark Fall Skies" with Livermore Area Recreation & Park District (LARPD). Our park and rec program is the best in the Bay Area hands down. It was a chance to see the stars changing from summer to winter and possibly glimpse some early Leonid meteors.

For the first part of the walk, we kept the girls in their strollers. Normally we do not use strollers but it was pitch black with only a few stars and flashlights to guide us. However, half way through the 2 mile walk, we let Emma and Delilah out of their strollers.

Until the day I die, I swear I will never forget the screams of delight they let out. Emma and Delilah practically walked 2 feet in the air and it was pure joy. Kris and I laughed over the girls and their newfound freedom in a dark park under the stars. It truly was magical.

On Monday, my best gal from the East Coast (and a bridesmaid in our wedding 12 years ago) was out and stayed the night with us. I was so excited to see her. She thankfully stayed with Emma and Clark while I was at a meeting. When I came home it was about 8:30pm and my dear friend was sound asleep on the couch. I did not care because it was the most I had seen her in a long time. We pray all the time that Syndi, her husband and their daughter (who is only a few months older than Emma and no we did not plan it that) move back to CA. We miss them and would love to have them here again. God willing they will be.

Thursday I got to lunch with my friends from high school. I never ever imagined in my wildest dreams I would ever want to do this, but strangely now we connect because we are all women, we are moms and two of us have husbands with cancer. I love these lunches. It reminds me of how far I have come and how far I have yet to go.

Now today. Clark and I had not spent time with Emma as a family in sometime. We went to Tilden Park in Berkeley and rode the train. It was cold so we ventured further down to the Berkeley Marina to the Adventure Playground. It was awesome. Emma is not a fearful child so she wanted to touch, climb and play on everything no matter no rickety it looked. We both stopped ourselves once or twice from wanting to help her because really she did not need our help nor wanted it. We had to just let her be and it was wonderful. We cannot wait to go back!






No comments:

Post a Comment