Wednesday, September 9, 2009

6 months of chemo almost done...

I cannot believe that it has been 6 months since Clark started chemo. With God's grace, Friday will be Clark's last day of chemo. Then we are off to the races for radiation and with continual prayer Clark will become cancer free.

I keep thinking six months. Six months where we have been surrounded by the best of our friends and the best of humanity.

We have been blessed by best friends and family and by new friends who have come alongside us and have helped guide us and prayed for us. The old friends who are like a favorite sweatshirt where comfort is always found and the new friends enlighten us and broaden our ways.

We have reached out to so many and so many have reached out to us. The meals that have come for 6 months on a weekly basis. What a God send! Yes, a gift. One of discussions that oncology said to us was to keep busy and we have. But the meals have taken a huge load off our minds on days where life is a bit nuttier than normal.

And at times when I have inserted my foot in my mouth, there has been forgiveness thankfully. I honestly think forgiveness is a gift that should be given freely and more often. I wear many caps in life and with Clark's cancer I have had to take on more. So sometimes when I think, write or say something it is a half thought. I know what is in my mind, but not everyone else does. I am trying.

Sometimes my thoughts are funnier than most (not always). Yesterday when we were at the pool with David, Kris and Delilah. David said something like, "We should get a dozen of those" and I said without skipping a beat, "I think we should get 12." The laughter that exploded in the pool almost caused a tidal wave.

And yes, what ease we have also found at times. I realized yesterday life is not hard, but where there is light, there is love and laughter.

Six months. We have lived more, laughed more, fought more and loved more in six months than many people do in a lifetime. Six months are almost done...

No comments:

Post a Comment