Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Kaiser,

For years I spoke your praises (and many of our wonderful friends are employees of Kaiser), however today to be quite frank I think you suck. Yes, suck. I can find no better word for the way I/we feel about you today. Please let me explain.

A week or so ago one of your doctors told Clark he thought he found a new "suspect" cancer spot and that Clark needed a CAT scan. The doctor told Clark it was very important that Clark have the CAT scan read within 48 hours. Clark went to the CAT scan today and stressed to the personnel that he needed it read quickly per his doctor. The CAT scan personnel were like, "Um, yeah, we will try and have Walnut Creek read it by a week or so from now." REALLY! So, my dear husband called the doctors office several times today with no response. My husband did his follow up, is there a reason WHY IN HELL, as a Kaiser doctor you cannot fully follow up as well?

This doctor have been lacking in so many ways and this was the icing on the cake. You know my husband gets anxiety and his nerves are going to be shaking a little until the reading comes in. I do not think you really appreciate that.

I understand cancer is a science. You know the type of cancer Clark has, and since Kaiser treats thousands the formula is not magic to the chemo treatment and you make minor adjustments along the way. You have dropped six months worth of toxic chemicals in his body, but there has not been any "MindBody" treatments as Kaiser so proudly sings on their advertising.

I also strongly disagree when this doctor said they are only treating one patient, while it is true my husband is the "patient" but in every way cancer has effected Emma and I. SO in reality dear doctor you are treating the whole family because cancer effects the whole family. I guess it is part of the "MindBody" or "Medical Team" thing that needs to be a better part of the Kaiser cancer treatment.

Next time you think something is URGENT, remember that there is a patient and a patient's family waiting. You think that it is that IMPORTANT than grease the wheels and get the results to the patient.

We both know I can raise hell, but really it is YOUR job as a doctor as well.

And really I figured that in the last 6 months this blog has had over 5,000 hits.
MAYBE SOMEWHERE you will get the hint that I will do anything for my husband, the father of my child, and MAYBE PRAY FULLY you will get the HINT my husband is your PATIENT so treat him accordingly and get the CAT SCANS READ PROMPTLY-it is your job as his doctor.

Sincerely,

A member's wife who expects, no demands better service than this.

1 comment:

  1. I have always been taught and do feel that "hate" is a strong word, not be used loosely and I do try to be selective, when serious, to use the word selectively. As long we we're speaking our minds, I must express, honestly, that I HATE THAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THIS.

    ReplyDelete