Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mucus dripping child

This is for the mom who let her mucus dripping child come to school today. His snot dribbled out of his nose so much, his skin was getting red and irritated. Did you not notice it when he woke up that perhaps his puffy eyes and running nose might be infectious?

You were blessed that the teacher was more than lenient in letting him stay (and if it were up to the other teacher helpers, you would have been called). And even though the teacher did not call you, everything your son touched was cleaned with bleach constantly.

When your son was picked up and you were asked about his condition the response was, "I kind of noticed he was not feeling right." Really! We as other moms and helpers noticed as soon as he walked in the door. Oh and his finger that kept circling inside his nose searching for boogers was such a nice touch.

So thankful dear mother for letting your child come to class today. I pray to God that your son gets well soon. I pray to God my daughter does not sick because of your child. Having had just had chemo, my husband's immunity is shot. Next time you think about sending your "not feeling right" child with mucus and boogers to school, think about all the other people you are infecting. A simple cold in my household could be deadly.

I will not let my daughter miss school or other activities because most other parents' are responsible and keep their sick kids home. I pray the next time your son is sick that you keep him home in bed with his favorite teddy bear. He deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment