Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mismatched socks

Mismatched socks. Yesterday I was cleaning out my sock drawer and came across several mismatched socks of various sizes and colors. It had been a long time since I cleaned out the drawer and I am thinking the receipt from Mervyns dated in 2005 proved it.

It was funny I do not even care about where the mates of the mismatched socks went. How wasteful I know, but really was I going to spend my time searching for the partners? No, I was in a dump mode.

If the mismatched socks served no purpose, had no meaning now or in the future it was going in a bag in which the fate is still undetermined but it is out of my drawer. And it is one less thing I have to deal with when getting ready in the morning.

In recent weeks, I, we, have purged in the playroom, our room and Emma's room. We have many things and it is getting too much to take care of so much. We have filled more trash bags with items to sale, give away or freecycle. We are not hoarders but really to be more simple would be great.

I was thinking as well about this in my life. I am struggling with wanting to go to Bible Study but knowing I need to be there. I am praying if I had less things to worry about then I would have more time to think UP.

Clark has been thinking this as well. He was able to ride his bike today. It was the first time in well over a month. He is afraid the tumor is still there to a degree but is thinking UP as well. Chemo is again this week.

It does not help that the PT told Clark last week that he had bone spurs based on x-rays done several months back. Since none of the doctors have mentioned this yet, we have to ask. But to be real all we care about is getting rid of Chester and his cousins, the bone spurs will have to wait.

And now it is time to get back in to mismatch sock dump mode...

No comments:

Post a Comment