Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A new Tradition

Recently traditions were made for Emma and I. We left home and ran away on an overnight trip-yep just her and I. We left for Santa Cruz with the intent to stay the night and then go to the Boardwalk. It was awesome. The weather was perfect. I loved being able to spend time with just her-no telephone and no computer.

When we walked up to the Boardwalk, Emma said." Mommy this where the adventure begins". No joke. She thought it was diet Disneyland and it was. We arrived right when the Boardwalk opened and there was no one. Emma was able to ride all the rides she wanted with no lines (and she "won" a dog from a ball game). My best friend was able to come and meet us on the Boardwalk and it was like chocolate syrup on a wonderful ice cream type of day.

When we ended our time in Santa Cruz, we headed up the coast to Half Moon Bay. It was strange. We went from beautiful sun to downright cold fog and rain. I was not prepared. Thankfully we had sweatshirts in the car. We were going to go to our "favorite" beach there but we got out of the car and just about froze our little toes off. However, there were better plans ahead.

We drove to see Uncle Rob and Diana in Foster City and have dinner with them. My brother loved teasing Emma about the "worm" in her dirty dessert and she was not having it.

I am thinking we will do this on a yearly basis. I loved being able to focus on "us". I will forever treasure the memories we created. I am urging Clark to have an overnight trip with her as well before radiation begins.

Hopefully the "suspect" spot the doctor feels in Clark's right lymph node is nothing and after radiation Clark will be cancer free).















2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful mini vacation for the both of you. Feels great to "recharge" the batteries doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for the time that you had with Emma! The one thing that you cannot put a price on or replace is time. Glad that you see the value in it. You are such a wonderful mommy! I'm so proud of the person that you are! Love you!

    ReplyDelete