Monday, April 26, 2010

Fun, Fun, Fun...

This was weekend was fun, fun, fun. Emma and I helped to Paint the Town Purple on Saturday in Downtown Livermore (Purple Ribbons for awareness of the American Cancer Society Relay of Life for Livermore). We sort of teamed ourselves with a wonderful woman who offered to let us help her. She was great with Emma. She talked about how she had grand kids and whenever we crossed a street, she would try and hold Emma's hand. So endearing. As we were leaving, the woman turned me to and said, "Most people do not like to work with me because I kind of bossy" I had to laugh. Seriously, this woman had no idea what a relief it is to me to take a back seat.





On Saturday night, we went to church. After church, Clark had offered to watch Lexi and Emma while her mom and I went to the movies (I could not believe that Clark was willing/wanting to watch the girls-what a husband!). Syndie and I had not been out together on a girls night in over 15 years! I am so happy they are back on this coast and in Livermore. It sure makes visiting much easier! When Syndie and I came home, Emma and Lexi asked if Lexi could stay the night and we said sure. Now the girls are only 3 and 4 years old. We went on high alert for toddler meltdown in the middle of the night but it never came. The girls talked, giggled and finally, finally went to sleep in Emma's big bed. The first sleep over for both of the girls and it went well!




In the meantime, we are still trying to organize "things" for the Rummage Sale next week. So right now, I feel like I live in an overstuffed closet. We have been blessed with the items donated and hope to make $$ for our ACS Relay Livermore Moms team.

While we were organizing, Emma decided to pop the Emma. Fun, Fun Fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment