Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Transparency on Church Wall, Facebook Wall or Human Wall

“From a technology point of view, I think privacy is almost nonexistent. We need to get over it. Yes, I understand the security risks, and I do think you have to be smart. But I think leaders especially must embrace transparency. It is one of the most powerful leadership tools we have available. It creates life-change more than any other single thing you can do. It also creates a much needed accountability.”

“Yes, I think there is a risk involved. You have to be careful. It does blur the line between public and private life, but I also think that is what makes it powerful. Being personal and being transparent increases brand loyalty. I have had hundreds of people tell me that they never connected with my company, Thomas Nelson, until I became active on Twitter. Suddenly, the Company had a face. My followers felt connected to a real person.

The apostle Paul told the Thessalonians, “So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us” (1 Thess. 2:8 NKJV). He didn’t hold back. He gave them everything. And because of that, it was transformational." 1.


This article was quite interesting and held my attention. It resonated in me when I read the following comment on my blog after I posted Church Wall, Facebook Wall or Human Wall on April 13, 2010.

“michele said...
Strange, but if you are a Christian, you should behave as such no matter where you are or where you write your thoughts. One would think that she would use her wall to share her message, rather than be concerned that someone at her church would see her wall and think less of her. Either she is living a double life or she doesn't have much faith in her friends and her church.

All I can say is this lesson on Church Wall, Facebook Wall or Human Wall was intriguing and a great teaching on transparency and leadership.

1. Author Interview
Kim Ford Interviews Our Featured Cover Author
- Michael Hyatt
(See full interview at http://christianfictiononlinemagazine.com/best_interview.html).

No comments:

Post a Comment