Monday, April 12, 2010

A time to rest

Nothing hit me more tonight, than when I was at a general meeting for Livermore Moms and we had the awesome Yoga instructor Katherine teaching,that I needed to rest.

I am not talking about a sit down for 15 minutes and do nothing type of rest, but the rest where no real effort needs to be made and I can relax.

Since the middle of March we have been on the go. We go here, there and anywhere and now it is time. Time to stop, listen, rest and relax.

It is now my job for the next week or so to watch other people be busy and run the rats pace. I am stopping and doing nothing. Yes, I will fulfill my obligations, of taking care of myself, Clark and Emma but little more.

My mind and body are telling me it is time. I need to recharge. I need to just do nothing. I love being around my friends and family (and of course will be celebrating my dad's birthday this week) but I need quiet down time.

Quiet time to rest and relax with no distractions, interruptions or obligations. Quiet time to be me and time to rest.

1 comment:

  1. "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
    {{Jesus}}

    ReplyDelete