Thursday, November 11, 2010

Great News and New Prayers

So we met with an oncologist this morning.

Not Clark's, not the one who e-mailed him, but by default really a 2nd opinion oncologist.

I loved her as soon as she entered the room. She addressed the test results right away. Great news-NO CANCER! So the port can be taken out hopefully before the holidays and then Clark does not have to be seen again for 4 months. FANTASTIC!!!!

Then the rest...

She addressed the results that had me freaked out. My husband, the saint, he can be, kept saying there is nothing to worry about, all in God's hands. I got it. I understand it being in God's hands. What I did not understand is why his numbers are rising.

Then the doctor said, "We think you might have "Hemochromatosis". Has the doctor mentioned it to you before?" Clark looked at me and I knew his heart just sank as mine did.

So more tests. More waiting. More prayers.

Hemochromatosis causes the body to absorb and store too much iron. The extra iron builds up in the body’s organs and damages them. Without treatment, the disease can cause the liver, heart, and pancreas to fail.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Praise God the Cancer is gone.. There is treatment for this new issue right?? Keep your faith for God is in control.. I know sometimes the Clices can be a bit irritating but with God on your side and His perfect will.. He will make you strong. You are in my prayers always.. Love the updates and praise reports. Love Michele

    ReplyDelete