Saturday, November 13, 2010

Women of Faith






I just got back from joining one of my friends and her church (and really 11,000 others) at Women of Faith in Sacramento. Can I just say AWESOME! I learned, absorbed, observed and loved every minute of it! I am not sure what speaker I liked best, Shelia Walsh or Marcus Buckingham or Luci Swindoll? I know I fell in love with the music of Mary Mary and the event proved as one said white girls can rock the house and vibrant the floors.

One of best lessons for me was Psalm 23:4 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." There can be no shadow without Light. How simple but so profound for me.

There is so much in learning to love, lean and trust God more. So many more lessons for me.

I cannot wait to go again next year. I WISH and PRAY I could take every woman I know to one of these events. As co-director of a local moms organization, if I could TAKE every fellow mom I know I would in a heart beat. I also cannot WAIT to see Shelia Walsh at my home church in December.

I also found myself needing to get a sense of humor. I had forgotten what it was to freely laugh and make fun of myself (ok I can make fun of myself but I was not always laughing).

Ok and here is Clark and I's car. I drove up on the trip. No your eyes are not deceiving you. What you see is what is. Apparently there are many birds at the Hilton in Sacramento.

No comments:

Post a Comment