Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Overstepping My Bounds

As we have been waiting to hear about Clark's results. Clark's primary is out of the office, his oncologist is out of of office for next month or two, so the back up oncologist emailed Clark. The email was one sentence long. The email did not answer the questions Clark had, it did not talk about scheduling a follow up CAT or PET scan or even about the port (which if everything was clear was suppose to be removed by the Holidays).

Clark was happy with the sentence. There were still too many questions that needed to be answered. So I overstepped my bounds and while Clark was aware and not happy about it at all I got involved.

When Clark was sick the first time, many medical decisions were made around him because he had cancer. This time I swore I was going to let him know every time I got involved so he knew from the first email today to the last one I sent. I would fight any battle for my husband and this time was no different.

To make a long story short, the back up oncologist actually called Clark twice this afternoon. Once he called and got Clark's voice mail, the next time he called and actually told Clark he said he should have called in the first place to schedule an appointment to discuss the results. That goes a long way in my book. So in the next week or so, we will go into oncology and they will hopefully be able to answer the questions we have (and I seem to be much more anxious about this than Clark this time).

Clark and I have made up and he understands. I would move the heaviest burdens and most solid rock to ensure Clark got the best care. He is my husband and the father of my child and sometimes, I overstep my bounds.

1 comment:

  1. We do what our hearts and our guts compel us to do. Your intentions are for the best and sometimes you have to go with it and not hold back. I'm proud of you for overstepping and for being able to reflect on it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete