Saturday, November 27, 2010

I did a pre made meal and had much needed help

Last weekend I spent a great deal of great time in Kaiser ER. I had woken up with extreme scaitic nerve pain and started to throw up due to the pain. When I threw up a little blood, my husband threw Emma in the car, drove to my brother and my sister in law's and we went to Kaiser.

I had the stomach flu a few times in the last few months. Now looking back I had not realized that when I was in pain I would take over the counter medicine, aggravagrate the stomach and throw up. Nice.

So the doctors sent me home with a bunch of medicines and said bed rest. With Thanksgiving coming up, I did not know how this was going to be possible. Clark does not cook and we normally host.

So, I did the next best thing. I ordered a pre made meal from a local market. Clark made sure I got the rest I needed and I took medicine as I needed.

Then I picked up the meal. It was all well and good but for our small gathering, it needed more. Somehow, Lord only knows how, I had organic cranberries, green beans and other good fixings to make this meal even better. I prepped all the dishes the day before Thanksgiving.

On Thanksgiving, Emma set the table and Clark cooked the meal with Dad assisting. It was good. All I can say is that I was the first one asleep after the meal. I slept through all the good byes.

Literally you can take one finger on a place on my lower back and almost temporary freeze my legs. The pain goes up and down my legs. Medicine has been good for spasms and pain. Over time this too will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment