Sunday, August 9, 2009

A belated anniversary dinner at Wente




Clark and I had a belated 12th wedding anniversary dinner at Wente Vineyards on Saturday. I had this gift card that someone had given me sometime ago and ironically the cost of our meal was the exact total of the bill plus tip. It was fantastic and a definably an exuberant diner.

I had been given the card as a present from a former boss to play golf on the weekend with Clark there. We realized that we might not be able to play golf together again if Clark cannot get full movement back in his shoulder so dinner it was.

My brother and Diana came out and babysat for us. It was so cute as we were putting Emma to bed, she said she had the best time ever with them. She adores Uncle and Diana. Sometimes when Emma gets so excited she runs the words together and says Uncle Diana as if they were one unity.

She also enjoyed the pizza they left behind as evident by the dipping sauce grin.

Clark has had a few hard days. Clark feels very achy lately and we are not sure if he is getting a cold (since Emma got a summer cold); it is from chemo or from the immunity shots or all three. He has been on edge and to be quite frank a bit crabby. It is a battle for him to eat right and try to get into shape. Clark has gained over twenty pounds since chemo.

Sometimes I wonder if too depression sets in for Clark. He has had the hurdle of getting laid off to having cancer in less than 6 months. The people who surround us have been awesome but I see the darkest moments in him and it is not pretty. Clark cannot have a smile on his face everyday but he tries. He tries so hard.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a wonderful dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wente is wonderful! That is where Ron and I had one of our first dates -- Our first really nice date was there and it's very sentimental with each time that we return for a meal. Always an enjoyable place to dine! Glad that you both had a wonderful time!

    I hope that Clark is feeling better soon. I know I can only imagine the weight of stress that curbs his enthusiasm, but I also know that he has plenty of faith, a strong, supportive network, and most of all, you and Emma. It will get better -- LOVE YOU GUYS! Cindi XO

    ReplyDelete