Monday, August 24, 2009

Traci the 3rd wife

Traci used to be Clark's coworker and we jokingly call her the 3rd wife. She comes to babysit Clark and Emma when I have to go a general or Board meeting of the Livermore Moms Club (and she has come in a pinch a few times as well). Traci is just an awesome friend. Though I doubt she will let me again play with her Blackberry using Facebook while she put Emma down (tehehe).

Tonight Traci came a little early. Clark was tired but we managed to get Emma bathed and in her night clothes before 7pm. Luckily the gathering for the Board was pushed to 8pm.

I edged out the door with a zillion thoughts and errands I needed to run ahead of time. As I got to the gas station I realized I needed to go back home and lie down. The contents in my stomach were doing a jig. I missed the outing but know I would not have been good company.

Clark is in bed as well. He has more color in his face today but still feels nauseated. This will soon pass. I have to give him shots again this cycle to boost his immunity. I know this must suck to him since the doctor said he would be "D..U..M..B.." to go into Kaiser and pay to have it done by a nurse. I was going to wear a nurses uniform but really wearing nothing at all is better-just kidding!!!

Today when we were talking I told him how a 4 year old came up to me in church and said, "I have more toys than you" and in which I replied, "You probably do, but I have more than enough." Where do kids get these thoughts? Our house is small, our family is small, our fleet of cars is small and the amount of money we have is small, but we have more than enough (okay and Emma seriously has more than enough toys).

I however think the funniest thing I heard was between two little four year old girls clothed in pretty dresses and sitting in little peoples chairs outside of church. The teacher asked them what they are were doing and one of them said "Just BS'ing". I loved it because I know it would be my dad or brother who would so willing teach Emma to say this when she is four as well!

Thanks again Traci-you are the best and have a wonderful sense of humor-tehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment