Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dr. Abbassi and Hormones

Last night was great. I was scared at first. It was the general meeting for the Livermore Moms Club (of which I am co-director of). The guest speaker was Dr. Derek Abbassi and the topic was bio-identical hormones, aging, etc. Dr. Abbassi is a long time friend and I was hoping for a good crowd.

The women who came made it an intimate affair. The old adage whoever was meant to come did prove to be true. The good doctor spoke of bio-identical hormones, peri-menopause, menopause, anything that we could think of and ask about as women and moms. Dr. Abbassi is a medical (OB/GYN) doctor with advanced training in Age Management Medicine as well as board certification in Women's Health. He disregarded his “talk” of the evening and spoke to us directly and honestly about the questions we had. It is not that often that as women we have an opportunity to ask about such delicate matters.

Thank you Dr. Abbassi for coming and making it worthwhile.

Dr. Abbassi can be reached at http://www.gottfriedcenter.com/

2 comments:

  1. I am very interested as to what you learned and gained from this. Can't wait to see you -- Hopefully, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should come with me next time I know he is going to speak. I think you would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete