Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our gift to you....

Dear Gift taker,

It was so nice last night that you decided to take a gift of a GPS navigator and an iPod charger from our car in our driveway. You must have needed it more than us. After all you tried two cars and a truck before picking up your most prized possessions of the moment. We hope you get some use out of them.

We did. You see my husband who has cancer loves to go on day trips when he is feeling well. So many of the addresses you might see in your new gift of the GPS navigator are wonderful places to visit. We were always delighted when we heard John Cleese's voice tell us where to go direction wise, especially, "Bear right, beaver left." We hope you enjoy those features as well.

I think we actually got the better end of the deal though. You see both my husband and I have the gift of being able to read a map and follow directions. The GPS navigator which you hold as your beloved token of your visit last night was a true luxury and not a necessity. Oh sure, someday it might be replaced, but for today we were not deterred.

You see we had a day trip planned today and that is why we noticed that you had gone shopping in our car. Our trip was delayed by a moment while maps were located but that is all. Our gift of knowledge today made our trip so much more of an adventure. So thank you.

We did file a report with the police department.

We just wanted to let you know-it is our gift to you!

Sincerely,
Us





3 comments:

  1. WOW! You have a much better attitude about this than I did when this happened to me about two months ago, taking the exact same things, plus my iPod.

    I'm sorry someone felt they were more entitled to your belongings than you were! I'm glad that your plans were not ruined!

    I hope that your journeys continue to be successful and meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just one of the things that I love about you -- Your sarcasm and ability to see the upside, in spite of the violation imposed. Keep up the resilience! Love the pics and look forward to seeing you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that sucks. What is it with people these days, seriously! I have to tell you I laughed at the bear right, beaver left, freakin' hysterical. I hope they catch whoever did it.

    Hey, nice cleavage shot by the way. You and Anita are now tied for that distinction! :)

    ReplyDelete