Friday, August 28, 2009

How long until wellness?

We had two great days at the pool and then the down slide hit again. Clark says he has a 7-10 day window in which he feels sick after chemo. However, I am beginning to think it is an excuse not to move from the bed, couch or computer. It is much easier to live in the dark. Clark is argumentative and angry and he should be, but really dear chose what you are angry with wisely-Emma and I do love you and are here when you are ready as always.

Emma hurt her foot a few days back. I do not know what she did to hurt her foot but I saw blood on her princess dress and her legs. When I approached her and asked her about she cried hysterically she was not sick or hurt. Clark and I both had to hold her to find out where the blood was coming from. She was crying uncontrollably and took several minutes to calm down.

I think Emma's reaction does have to do with cancer. I contacted her doctor since she is also asking about daddy's sickness. Her doctor agrees. He is looking into resources for us. Pray that good things will come of this.

Wellness cannot come soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. You have a very bright little girl on your hands and she picks up on even the slightest changes in your house and moods. I'm sure, in her mind, Clark not feeling well is something that has been going on for a very long time. Maybe she sees his not feeling well after his treatment as a new illness? I hope and pray that you get the resources you need to help your precious gift!
    Hugs and love to you all for a speedy recovery.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she doesn't want to admit that she is sick or hurt because she doesn't want to go through what Daddy is going through. Were that it was that simple huh? Kids are way smarter than we give them credit for, at any age. She may not have a firm grasp of the whole enchilada that is Clark's illness, but she knows that she doesn't want any part of it. I wish I had an answer as to how to deal with this but sadly I am going through much the same with my family... Best of luck and all my prayers.

    ReplyDelete