Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Praise God!

Clark got up and walked the big block (which is the 8th hole of the golf course) this afternoon with Emma and I. Praise God! I was so excited by this small step so soon after chemo. Clark said his mind is not a NASCAR track with Tony Stewart on high speed at night anymore and he is getting sleep (being off steroids I think has helped this). Praise God! Clark needs to start moving after chemo sooner rather than later to avoid many negative health effects including blood clots.

HOWEVER, this is huge. On the walk, a dog came barreling out of the owner's garage. The owner was chasing after the dog since it had no lease. The dog I thought at first was going for Emma and I tried to shield her. The owner then said the dog likes kids (okay but I did not want Emma to be the dog's first victim) and the dog started to snarl at Clark. Then the owner stated the dog did not like men.

I love my husband to death, but instead of moving on, my husband stood there and put his hand out to this not so nice and very excited dog. I almost bit my husband at that point. Instead in my not so controlled voice I said, "You cannot afford to get a dog bite". I was not happy. In my mind I was thinking great not only does Clark have cancer but now he is going to get a dog bite? Really!

Please husband dearest next time the owner says that the dog does not like men, let's move on. Remember ER and medical offices are infested with germs that we would rather not have you exposed to. I love you too much to see you go through that.

Then not long after that, we went to the our HOA's swimming pool. Yes, that is right, Clark, Emma and I. Again PRAISE GOD! I was starting to feel better after last night's many trips to the bathroom and we swam. It was so perfect.

I think we worn Clark out though. He is asleep on the couch now. Praise God I believe my honey will rest well tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for all that marks health and happiness for the three of you!

    ReplyDelete