Saturday, July 25, 2009

And we laughed

After a great day with the Garry's lounging by their pool and a fabulous BBQ, we came home. We talked about how wonderful Jen, Bill and the girls are and how blessed we are to know them.

Then I started to check e-mail.

I also checked the hits on this blog and where they were from. Sounds strange but we post very personal stories and photos. We have the ability to track the location of where a hit has come from on this blog, how many times a hitter has come, how long they have stayed and how they got there. Imagine my amazement where I saw one of hits was from Paris, France. It intrigued me. Clark and I were in France almost 12 years ago but have no current friends there. So I dug deeper.

This person had Googled in French "portacap" and our blog is listed second under this heading on Google. When Clark had his portacath put in, I blogged about and because it looked like a bottle cap, I said it was a portacap. Clark and I laughed. The portacath enables the nurses to insert the IV into a device that Clark has been implanted into his chest so that his veins will not collapse from overuse from chemo.

Last night we had dinner with David, Kris and Delilah. David turned to Clark and said," How's Wife Swap going?" and we laughed some more. Clark has a great sense of humor and now this has become a running joke. Thankfully my husband is man enough to not take life so seriously.

The Kris asked me,"So if I hit the ads on your blog, you make money right?" And I said "Yes, hit away on those ads when you visit the blog since someone has to earn money in our house and not watch Wife Swap." We laughed some more.

Our life is rich not with money or goods but with laughter. And we laughed some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment