Sunday, July 5, 2009

The end of a busy week

A week ago, Clark, my Dad, brother, Diana and Emma went to Tilton Park to ride the stream train and the carousel. It was a celebration of a belated Father's Day for my dad and Clark. It was fun and so inexpensive to do. We cannot wait to go back.

A few days later, we had a BBQ with Kevin, Rebbecca and Ian. It will now be referred to the night that Emma's bed broke. I cannot tell the story, but Kevin was mortified and Clark came to the rescue wearing a cape of course (just kidding on the cape)!

Then we had the infamous dinner on Friday as previously mentioned.

Yesterday we went across the Bay and had a BBQ, swam, watched the fire works with my brother and Diana. The weather was perfect. Emma was so tired when we got home we just placed her in bed. About 2am this morning, Emma woke up screaming and crying. It was dark outside and she did not have her PJ's on and her braids were still in her hair. Not good.

Today we were able to rest. None of us took showers until after 2pm. Then I took Emma out front and let her ride her bike.

The beautiful used free bike. One day a few weeks back, Emma and I were driving back from her swim lesson and rounded the corner of our street. There was the "bike" with a free sign on it. I stopped the car and ran back to get it. Converging on me was another mom pushing a kid in a stroller and another mom on a bike going for the same beautiful bike as me. And suddenly this free bike was a hot commodity, but I had it in my hands and Emma was screaming from the car "Mommy a bike, a bike..." What is a mom to do? I just kept running, popped the back of the car open, dropped it in and gunned it to house. I do apologize to the other moms and when we are done with the bike, I too, will put it on the end of the driveway with a "free" sign on it.



Emma on the bike

Emma on the bike

My brother-Uncle Rob and Emma

Ian and Emma in our backyard

Clark and my dad

Emma in braids

No comments:

Post a Comment