Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our dads rock


Emma has had swim lessons for the last two weeks.

While we did not plan it, Delilah, Emma and Liam are all in the same swim class (ironically they all are also in the same playgroup).

So night after night I have gone to see her swim. Talk about letting go. There is nothing like sitting on the side lines of a pool while your three year old is in it. It was a huge milestone for both Emma and I.

David and Bill were there (Delilah and Liam's dad respectively). Really if there had been other women I knew there I might have cried that first night. But there is nothing like men to give me mommy strength.

Tonight Clark came to watch the swim class because the weather was finally cool enough for him to be comfortable sitting outside (and he did not feel nauseated). I looked at my husband and our friends David and Bill.

Those three dads rock (as my dad does too)!

1 comment: