Sunday, July 19, 2009

Psalm 57

While it was still hot today, Clark, Emma and I went to church.

Pastor Steve had us stand for a reading out of Acts and I was praying the whole time that Clark would not fall over due to severe nausea (it would not have been good since we seated in the raisers).

Clark seems to be doing better today but there are nausea bouts and the A/C is back at 76 degrees.

And really I think that Clark would rather be at church than watching Wife Swap any day of the week.

It is no help whatsoever that his cancer buddy Rocky at church talked about how McDonald's helped him with his nausea when he was undergoing chemo. And because the seed had been planted in Clark's head that is what we had for lunch.

How can I instill better eating habits when the worst things seem to make Clark feel better? UGH!

Pastor Steve mentioned briefly mentioned a passage in Psalm and for some reason I have it on my mind (perhaps because Psalm 57 sounds like Car 57, never mind my mind works in rhythm sometimes). So I share it now (Psalm 57 not Car 57):

Psalm 57

1Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

2I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.

3He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.

4My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

5Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.

6They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.

7My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.

8Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.

9I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations.

10For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.

11Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.

1 comment:

  1. This is So beautiful what resounds for me is "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise."

    You are so Amazing!!

    All our Love,
    The Sonodas

    ReplyDelete