Sunday, July 26, 2009

Living in a fish bowl

We started this blog the day Clark was diagnosed with cancer. The day our lives were changed forever. Cancer entered into our lives that day but is not our lives as evident by what is written here. We start each day with the ability to live, laugh, love and dream. We have changed there is no doubt. I for one am not the same person I was a year ago, let alone six months and neither is Clark. And Emma, Emma is a three year old with bounds and bounds of endless energy what can I say.

But writing the blog is like living in a fishbowl. The blog is the good and the bad of our lives. It is what we have learned, loved and laughed about; it is also about what we have cried and mourned over.

Today Pastor Steve mentioned Galatians 5:22-23 in church. It says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

And I can say I have not been those things in many aspects of my life. Today is different as is yesterday and the day before. I strive to be the fruit of the Spirit so that love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control are evident not only in my fishbowl of a blog but my life. I know Clark wants the same for himself and we as husband and wife want the same for our daughter.

It is like living in a fishbowl.

As a side note when Clark and I went to pick up Emma from the Zone at church I saw a fellow MOPS mom. I introduced Becky to Clark and Becky said to Clark, "So I heard you like Wife Swap." And we laughed.

1 comment:

  1. I mentioned Clark's amusement with Wife Swap to Jen & Bill yesterday and we laughed!

    ReplyDelete