Thursday, July 2, 2009

OMG I joined a gym...

Yes, the heavens parted for just a moment and I joined a no frills woman's gym. I went this morning with Emma (since child care is included in the low cost). I decided to try their Pilates class. Okay I know I am out of shape and I have several motivators in wanting to get back into shape (first and foremost, myself, my husband and child) but really did the instructor have to be a contortionist? The way her body at like 70 years old (okay not that old but close) bended into positions and stayed was incredible. I can only be inspired by that ancient monument of grace. All kidding aside it was great and I want more. Exericse that is.

I have a personal trainer (comes with the membership) who I think I will affectionately call my tormentor. I signed up for this gig of getting back into shape but I know it will be her overbearing presence that will literally guide my sorry butt there.

Eating better comes in as well but it is the soda habit I eventually will need to kick out to the door with my newly harden body.

I was at family story time the other night at our local library and there was a child approximately 4 years drinking a 12 oz. plastic container of Pepsi. It made me sick. Not too long ago Clark and I had watched a special on the Appalachian Mountains near Kentucky and the way of life there. One of things that was talked about was addiction to Mountain Dew by so many families and literally their teeth were falling out because so much is consumed. I will never forgot the pictures of moms putting Mountain Dew in the bottles of their young babies. I joke now that we buy 4 gallons of milk a week for Emma but I would rather have her drink milk than Mountain Dew at 3 years old any day any time of the week.

Sorry for the digression...Anyway I am ready to get into shape rather than be shapely. Clark is also there. He is in physical therapy now to regain movement and he has! Clark actually has riden his bike two times in the last few weeks. It has been incredible to see the actual movement of his arm from almost nothing six months ago to now. Clark has not felt well the last few days but we know this too shall pass...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the "No Frills Gym Club." I'm so proud of your decision, it is a healthy one for yourself. Josie and I joined one last December, had been working out faithfully, 3 times weekly, until a couple of weeks ago. One thing after another has intruded upon our routine -- Theo's mother passing away, Marsh Family Reunion, 4th of July vacation, etc. We are starting up again tonight -- Let the panting and perspiration commence!

    ReplyDelete