Monday, July 27, 2009

The List Taker

I am the list taker in the family. We are planning to take an over night camp trip soon and for the last week the list from me has been verbalized, written and refined several times.

Clark on the other hand is not a list taker anymore; chemo brain has temporary set in. So while we are planning this trip together really it is the list taker who has to ensure everything is going to be packed.

This would not be an issue, however I have not been in a tent in over three years at least. My idea of camping has been hotels, motels and resorts.

Don't get me wrong we used to camp on an annual basis but the last few years only the men have gone.

And when we camped before together we never lacked any real convenience. We knew how to camp and camp well but now we have a three year old.

The list taker is trying to decide what to bring and what the three year needs besides clothes. What tent to bring? What type of bedding to accommodate all of us? Will it be cold? Will it be hot? So many questions.

Since Clark has been on "men" only trips the packing for them is different. They could wear the same clothes for 5 days in the woods and unless a skunk sprayed one of them, the clothes stayed on until they came home. I cannot do this with a 3 year old. My list needs to be refined and defined more.

No on second thought, my list is done and there is no more thinking. Our family will survive even if sprayed by skunks.

2 comments:

  1. too cute!! Alan and I have never been camping together, I have only been on the receiving end of the men's trip stories of chaos. I know you will have fun and nature is SO healing. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned that with camping, anything that you happen to not have, once you get there, can be improvised -- Wish I could be a fly on the tent to see the wonder of Emma exploring the great outdoors! Have a wonderful, safe & happy time!

    ReplyDelete