Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Burn

Today Clark needed rest so Emma and I left. I actually had missed her so much. Almost everyday Emma was with someone while Clark and I were at the attorneys or doctors. So making sure Clark was okay, we left for a local watering hole.

I had poured sun block on Emma as I always do while we played in the water and sand. Gave her water to keep her hydrated and we had such a good time of just being mom and daughter. We missed Clark but it was nice spending one on one time with her.

Then all of a sudden I was thirsty and my skin was starting to tingle. The missing equation of Clark. We always put sun block on each other and he was not there and I had no sun block on me. Thankfully it was getting near Emma's nap time and we headed home. I was in much pain.

Once we got home and Emma down for a nap, Clark poured aloe on my back and shoulders (which in most circumstances would lead us to the bedroom for extra activities but not today). The burn was so bad and the blisters are unreal. I swallowed some pain pills to take the edge off.

Then the phone rang and a friend who we had not seen in 20 years asked to stop by. Kyle Littrell came and it was so nice to see him. Some things never change like the bonds of our youth group. When we talked it was time had never stopped. It was good to see him.

Emma and I then headed off to church. When we got back, Emma went to bed and Clark and I did the Aloe thing again (no sex this time either-and yes I explained to Julie the other night stage 4 cancer patients can still do the deed-sorry TMI-but he is my husband, really...). Now the burn hurts and I have severe blisters. Next time I will remember the sun block on Emma, me and Clark.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I hope that you recover quickly from the sun burn! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete