Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Golf Course and other news

Last week a local newspaper reporter and left a message. They wanted a quote from me about the current status on saving the Springtown Golf Course. For the first time in over 2 years, I had nothing to say. I know the City of Livermore is currently looking about at two proposals from different vendors to run the golf course but I am uninvolved. That is not to say I do not care. I understand that this is an election year for City Council and this could be a major issue if it is not resolved by that time.
I understand that the media is so key to keep a local issue alive and that cities do not like to be embarrassed (really who does?). I also came to learn that I am not a great public speaker but using the open format during City Council is a great media tool since it is televised on TV30, also befriending a news reporter works to an advantage.
The story ran in Sunday's paper. I am looking forward to seeing a new contract with a new vendor for the Springtown Golf Course before election time.

Then other news-
Clark and I are struggling with some family stuff (not us or Emma but others) . I have tried to stay at bay over this issue for the last few months and have tried to just let Clark deal with it. And then, someone thought it was funny to drag me into one of their jokes. However I did not think it was a joke, I was hurt, angry and I cried. Then the person e-mailed me and said they did not understand why I was so upset. So, with no grace and no prayer I sent an e-mail which in hindsight should have been sent but could have been soften a bit. I should have shown a little more mercy.
It is hard for me to have someone say "poor me I am a victim too" when my husband has stage 4 cancer with a probable chance to recover (we are not on the charts for recovery yet). I know I need to pray over this. We are in the trenches everyday and there is no time to say "o poor you" to someone who feels helplessness and does not even live with us. I pray you find something to do with your helplessness. I forgive you and as I am about to say this, please forgive me, know it is not Clark, Emma's or my responsibility to do this for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment