Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A rat in the house?

Clark asked me,"Do you know there is a rat in the house?". My first thought was we need to get another indoor cat (since his cat passed away a few months ago). Clark continued to say the rat ate a hole in this bag.

Thoughts started to pour through my head, what type of rat is this? We used to get big rats outside due to the golf course and wetlands near where we live. In fact, we had to stop feeding the birds because one day I looked out the kitchen window and saw a huge rat the size of a mini cat was eating out of the bird feeder. It was gross.

Anyway, Clark was going on and on about this hole in the bag. Then he showed me the bag. It was marshmallows that Emma and I had been snacking on without letting Clark know. Clark and I laughed.

Speaking of which, we saw Clark's oncologist today. Clark has gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks. Yep, you read that right, he has gained weight. I would like to credit all the wonderful people who graciously bring us meals on a weekly basis.

While Clark's doctor does not want him on a diet, he did suggest cutting back. His doctor does not him to balloon up (or down). He also referred Clark to physical therapy to try and get his shoulder and arm moving again so that atrophy does not set in. His doctor is trying to get Clark thinking about life beyond cancer and chemo.

1 comment:

  1. You just reminded me that I once had a little rat that was sneaking into a lower cupboard (this was a short rat), tore a hole into a bag of marshmallows and ate a few. It had me baffled until the cute, little rat 'fessed up -- It was Jake! This has become a funny, family story that we dig up and laugh about every great once in a while! Hugs to you, Clark & Emma! -- Cindi

    ReplyDelete