Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Friends

Today Emma and I had lunch with friends from long ago. It was refreshing to have some new perspective on life. One of our friends is running a team for Relay for life and gave us some luminaria bags for Emma to decorate. One of the ideas I have is to paint Clark's hand and Emma's hand and then write..."In honor of my daddy-Clark, whose hand I will always hold..."

Late this afternoon (after nap),our friends the Newsoms came from Idaho to visit. It was great to see them. We have known them for over 20 years. Several years ago they moved to Idaho. So almost three years ago, when Emma was 3 weeks old (and the people here who wanted to see her did), we drove to see the Newsoms. We went through 7 states. At one point on our trip, we went to Yellowstone. I remember these elderly women in the lodge at Yellowstone cooing over Emma. I will never forget the look of shock they had when we told them we were from California and our daughter was only three weeks old. It seemed to them it was taboo to take a baby out of the house who was so young, but to us it just seemed normal.

This afternoon we spent it at the park with the Newsoms, had dinner and by 9pm they left. We are always sad to them go and our heart will ache for them until the next visit.

I think all the fresh air at the park and the company, made Clark completely wiped and he was sound asleep by 10pm.

Tomorrow is another new day and another new adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Another cool "hand" idea is to get one of those plaster kits, have Clark and you put your handprints then hers in the center...or Clark's handprint, then hers inside of his. I did that with my godson, Jagar, when he was a toddler, he still has it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bags are lighted from the outside and placed around the Relay for Life. The ones we have will be at Cal High in San Ramon. The same high school I went to so very long ago.

    ReplyDelete